- Be at least 23 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Be of good moral character.
- Pass the ATP knowledge test.
- Pass the ATP practical test.
Flight Experience (required before applying for the practical test):
Total Time: 1,200 hours of total time to include:
- 500 hours of cross-country flying;
- 100 hours of night time, of which 15 hours were in helicopters;
- 75 hours of instrument time;
- 200 hours in a helicopter that includes 75 hours of PIC time, or as SIC performing the duties of PIC, or any combination thereof;
- 75 hours of instrument time, that includes 50 hours in flight with at least 25 hours in helicopters.
Cost Breakdown (Based on FAA Minimums)
The only required training costs are based on any hours of flight or ground instruction needed to meet the 1200 hours total time requirement. These requirements must be completed before applying for the practical test.
Dual Flight Instruction: $330/hour if necessary, otherwise Solo Flight at $295/hour
Ground Training: $40/hour if necessary
FAA Written Test: $150
FAA Examiner Fee: $650-$750
Total Cost (Based on FAA Minimums): $650-$750 for testing, as well as any additional flight or ground instruction necessary to meet FAA requirements.
Note: Our prices are subject to change without prior notice.